Thank you for visiting the Fiona Elsey Cancer Research Institute Website.
By accessing this site, you are deemed to have read and are bound to the unconditional acceptance and compliance with the Terms and Conditions set out below.
Information has been provided as complete and is as up-to-date as our resources permit. It is provided in good faith without any express or implied warranty and is subject to change.
Terms & Conditions
- Fiona Elsey Cancer Research Institute reserves the right to change the Terms & Conditions without notification of change.
- No refunds will be granted for donations.
- All logos and slogans are subject to copyright obligations to Fiona Elsey Cancer Research Institute and, along with all information, text, graphics, advertisements, audio, and multimedia found on this site are not to be copied, reproduced, reused, reposted, repurposed, transmitted, adapted, republished, broadcast, distributed or uploaded without written authorised permission.
- Information contained in Media resources are provided for use within the general intent of informing the public. Use is as identified on the individual document. Restrictions apply as above to the use of logos.
- Transmission of any virus or other harmful component is prohibited.
- The information on this site has been provided for personal, non-commercial use only, to provide information on the Fiona Elsey Cancer Research Institute.
- Information on services of the Fiona Elsey Cancer Research Institute provided on this site is provided for the generic assistance of the public. The information on this site should in no way be interpreted as professional advice, instruction or opinion on your personal circumstances, in relation to which you should contact an appropriate health or social services professional for advice specific to you.
Statement of policy
This organisation collects and holds a range of personal information about Staff, Volunteers, Board Members, Patients providing tissue and blood Samples, donors and stakeholders for the purposes of ongoing management.
The organisation is committed to protecting the privacy of all personal information and as such adopts the principles of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 and the Victorian Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014.
Definition of personal information
Personal information is any information held by the organisation about Staff, Volunteers, Board Members, patients providing tissue and blood samples, donors and stakeholders that could reasonably be used to identify them.
Apart from their name, this could be:
- address or phone number
- medical condition
- living arrangements
- hobbies, clubs or activities
- photos or videos
- likes and opinions
Furthermore, the organisation will not collect or record without consent any personal information that could be deemed sensitive, including:
- racial or ethnic origin
- political opinions
- membership of a political association
- religious beliefs or affiliations
- philosophical beliefs
- membership of a professional or trade association
- membership of a trade union
- sexual preferences or practices
- criminal record.
We are very careful to ensure confidentiality of all personal information.
Deductible Gift Recipient status
The Fiona Elsey Cancer Research Institute is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient. Gifts over $2 to the research work of the Institute are tax deductible.
Fiona Elsey Cancer Research Institute is registered with and reports to the Australian Charities and Not for Profit Commission
ABN:15 108 331 657