28-30 NOVEMBER 2018
3 DAYS / 450KMS
FIGHT CANCER THROUGH RESEARCH
Take a ride through the scenic countryside of Western Victoria, challenge yourself with mixed terrain, all while supporting cancer research.
Cancer is something that touches all of us. With current rates, it is expected that 1 in 2 Australians will be diagnosed with cancer by the age of 85.
The Fiona Elsey Cancer Research Institute is making an internationally recognised contribution to unlocking the riddles of cancer. The Institute receives no government funding and relies on the generosity of people like you to continue this life changing work. With the funds raised from the Western Victoria Cancer Ride we can continue research in the areas of; Leukemia, Ovarian Cancer, Immunology and Langerhans Histiocytosis.
Fundraising Minimum: $ 5,000
To be eligible to be a part of this boutique cycling experience, a minimum fundraising figure of $5,000 is required. We will provide you with your own fundraising page and be with you every step of the way with ideas and tips on how to fundraise and reach your maximum potential.
Trip Expenses: $ 1,800
WHAT YOU GET
- 2 nights’ luxury accommodation (twin share)*(*surcharge for single supplement).
- All ride nutrition, including hydration, bars, gels and fruit, for all three days (as well as some delicious extras).
- Welcome dinner in one of Ballarat’s finest restaurants, prior to event.
- 2 degustation dinners with matching wines.
- Lunch for all 3 days.
- Celebratory drinks and nibbles on completion of the ride.
- A Western Victoria Cancer ride jersey and ride jacket.
- A printed ride guide.
- An opportunity to put your skills to the test with a timed climb up Mt William, with an award for King and Queen of the mountain.
- The event will be filmed and we will share this footage with you at the completion.
- Full on-road support, including lead, sag and mechanical vehicles.
- A dedicated fundraising page you can share across social media, with family members, friends and work colleagues.
- Some extra experiences and surprises along the way.
- A great opportunity to network with like-minded people.
- The opportunity for a group riding session to get to know all riders before the event.
- A 3-month training and preparation plan.